By Stephen Asbury
From the time this booklet was once first released it appears now not many of us preferred it. that's most likely since it isn't really a Wrox Press-style treatise on how you can construct full-blown specialist Java company courses. as an alternative it's a sampler of all the a number of Java company applied sciences, entire with small courses that exhibit the way to use some of the API's. It starts off out answering such uncomplicated questions as what's company improvement? and Why use Java for company improvement? It then devotes a bankruptcy or each one to introducing the reader to a few of the firm API's - JDBC for database regulate, the JNDI for coping with gadgets in a listing, server-side programming with servlets, JSP, and JavaBeans, coping with distant items with RMI and Corba, the fundamentals of XML, developing and sending e mail utilizing JavaMail, and masses extra. not one of the chapters is meant to make you an industrial-strength Java company programmer. The purpose is simply to provide you a concept of what the entire person applied sciences and applications can do through brief programming examples so you are able to take on the Wrox Press J2EE books of the area. the single undesirable aspect of the publication is that it truly is in dire desire of an replace through a third version that i feel will most likely by no means come end result of the loss of luck this publication finally had within the realm of overall revenues. even though, when you are pleased with Java and need to get a flavor of what the company API's can do i feel it's nonetheless an outstanding funding, fairly on the very low used costs at which it really is at present to be had.
Read or Download Developing Java Enterprise Applications PDF
Similar java books
Design styles became a staple of object-oriented layout and programming by means of delivering stylish, easy-to-reuse, and maintainable strategies to usually encountered programming demanding situations. even if, many busy Java programmers have not begun to benefit approximately layout styles and comprise this strong expertise into their paintings.
Java(tm) layout styles is precisely the academic source you would like. mild and obviously written, it is helping the character and goal of layout styles. It additionally serves as a realistic consultant to utilizing layout styles to create subtle, powerful Java courses.
This e-book provides the 23 styles cataloged within the flagship ebook layout styles through Gamma, Helm, Johnson, and Vlissides. In Java(tm) layout styles, each one of those styles is illustrated via at the least one entire visible Java software. This functional method makes layout development ideas extra concrete and more straightforward to know, brings Java programmers on top of things quick, and permits you to take useful good thing about the ability of layout styles.
Key positive aspects comprise:
* Introductory overviews of layout styles, the Java beginning periods (JFC), and the Unified Modeling Language (UML) * monitor photographs of every of the courses * UML diagrams illustrating interactions among the sessions, in addition to the unique JVISION diagram records * a proof of the Java starting place sessions that illustrates a variety of layout styles * Case reviews demonstrating the usefulness of layout styles in fixing Java programming difficulties * A CD containing the entire examples within the booklet, so that you can run, edit, and regulate the entire operating courses
After interpreting this educational, you can be happy with the fundamentals of layout styles and should be ready to commence utilizing them successfully on your daily Java programming work.
Alt. ISBN:9780201485394, 0201485397, 9780201485394
This concise e-book empowers all Java builders to grasp the complexity of the Java thread APIs and concurrency utilities. this information aids the Java developer in writing right and intricate acting multithreaded applications.
Java's thread APIs and concurrency utilities are between its strongest and hard APIs and language positive factors. Java rookies as a rule locate it very tricky to take advantage of those positive aspects to jot down right multithreaded functions. Threads and the Concurrency Utilities is helping all Java builders grasp and use those services effectively.
This ebook is split into elements of 4 chapters every one. half 1 makes a speciality of the Thread APIs and half 2 makes a speciality of the concurrency utilities. partly 1, you know about Thread API fundamentals and runnables, synchronization and volatility, ready and notification, and the extra features of thread teams, thread neighborhood variables, and the Timer Framework. partially 2, you find out about concurrency utilities fundamentals and executors, synchronizers, the Locking Framework, and the extra features of concurrent collections, atomic variables, and the Fork/Join Framework.
Each bankruptcy ends with opt for workouts designed to problem your take hold of of the chapter's content material. An appendix presents the solutions to those routines. A moment appendix explores how threads are utilized by quite a few typical category library APIs. particularly, you know about threads within the contexts of Swing, JavaFX, and Java 8's Streams API.
What you are going to Learn:
• how you can do thread runnables, synchronization, volatility, ready and notification, thread teams, thread neighborhood variables, and the Timer Framework
• how one can create multithreaded purposes that paintings correctly.
• What are concurrency utilities fundamentals and executors
• What are synchronizers, the Locking Framework, concurrent collections, atomic variables, and the Fork/Join Framework and the way to exploit them
• easy methods to leverage the concurrency utilities to put in writing extra advanced multithreaded purposes and accomplish better performance
• the way to follow thread utilization in Swing, JavaFX, and Java eight Streams API contexts
The fundamental viewers is Java newcomers and the secondary viewers is extra complex Java builders who've labored with the Thread APIs and the Concurrency Utilities.
Functionality has been an enormous factor for Java builders ever because the first model hit the streets. through the years, Java functionality has stronger dramatically, yet tuning is key to get the simplest effects, specially for J2EE purposes. you could by no means have code that runs too quick. Java Peformance Tuning, 2d variation offers a accomplished and crucial advisor to removing every kind of functionality difficulties.
Spring has made a notable upward thrust given that its perception in 2002. clients locate Spring definitely the right framework to construct their purposes in J2EE environments. starting Spring 2 is the 1st Spring–authorized e-book that takes you thru the 1st steps of utilizing Spring, and calls for no past J2EE adventure.
Additional info for Developing Java Enterprise Applications
Once you have a Connection object, query it for information about the structure of the underlying database by calling getMetaData(). This method returns an object implementing the DatabaseMetaData interface. ) This example creates a connection to the Inventory database and then prints a list of all the tables and their columns by requesting the database metadata from the Connection object, then requesting a list of available tables by calling the DBMetaData method getTables(). This returns a result set containing information about the tables in the database.
Think of the Statement object as an envelope into which you put your message. The Connection object is the transport that sends your message. When you pass SQL to the connection, it forwards this information to the driver. The driver forwards the SQL to the database and then returns results. The results come back to you in the form of a result set. The Connection object has three methods that return objects representing a database call. These methods are as follows: createStatement(). Returns an object that implements the Statement interface.
4. Native-protocol pure Java driver. Database vendors are starting to support network protocols that allow you to directly communicate with the database over the network. The JDBC drivers can be completely implemented in Java and do not need to rely on - 30 - a specific client library. Rather, they send commands directly over the network to the database. This is a flexible model, but each vendor has its own protocol. To access multiple databases using this technique, you may need multiple drivers, because each vendor may have its own unique driver for leveraging vendor-specific features such as transaction management.